Sunday, October 5, 2014

Character Study 2

Daniel wonders at how he arrived at the new campus, taking it in with a large breathe of air. "Ahh I finally made it," He had no preconception of where he would make it to, but now he has arrived. The campus seems to be ten times larger than any school he had ever attended. Confidence in, worries out. The longing sense of fulfillment had been filled. As Daniel looked around the school, the reality of not knowing anyone set it. "Am I going to like my room mate? What do I do next? What do I do first?" After rustling among these questions he decided to take a seat by a tree and observe others. Some clearly knew where they were destined to be, others walked by with friends, and the rest looked confused and lost. He decided that he was not alone in this and knew that befriending these strangers would not be difficult. For now, watching the campus fall out into its random flow seemed to be calming. Daniel sat, he had light brown skin and hair with an athletic build and promising smile. Although slightly nervous, he knew he would soon belong. It was easy for him to interact socially and he had done this many times before. In fact, he had prepared his entire life for these four years.

"Hey. do you mind if I join you?"

"That's good with me! Feel free to have a seat," said Daniel.

"Thanks. (sits down) You know college is so different from what I'm used. New people. New area. New..... life. It's almost overwhelming, but at the same time I feel at home. Oh sorry. I forgot to say, my name is Dean."

"Hi I'm Daniel, nice to meet you. I've had those same thoughts. I mean, my life today is never what I would have pictured a year ago and it seems to change by the moment. The campus is beautiful here! It's..... (as if he was searching for the word) immaculate. Also the sports here are awesome! Do you play any sports?"

As he was speaking he noticed the same light brown skin color apparent on Dean. Dean is taller than Daniel and has a pleasant smile. Actually, he was very nice and the two started off becoming friends immediately.

....The rest is unwritten

No comments:

Post a Comment